DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A DAUGHTERS AND DADS FACILITATOR?
WOULD YOU LIKE TO PLAY A KEY ROLE IN IMPROVING PHYSICAL ACTIVITY LEVELS AND SOCIAL-EMOTIONAL WELLBEING OF GIRLS AND THEIR FATHERS?
We are seeking expressions of interest from enthusiastic and passionate educators who would like to become facilitators for the Daughters and Dads Active and Empowered project.
The Daughters and Dads Active and Empowered program:
- Builds girls' confidence, self-esteem and resilience
- Teaches girls sport skills through fun games and physical activities
- Targets fathers as the agents of change to improve their daughters' health
Daughters and Dads Active and Empowered Program Facilitators undertake a 3-day training course delivered by Professor Philip Morgan at the University of Newcastle.
The next Daughters and Dads Active and Empowered Program Facilitator training will be delivered 9am-3pm, 8th - 10th October, 2019 at the University of Newcastle.
Facilitators will receive access to the Daughters and Dads Active and Empowered online portal complete with all session slides and talking points, and detailed instructions for physical activity sessions.
Selected facilitators will then deliver the 9-session Daughters and Dads Active and Empowered program during school terms from 5.45-7.15pm on weeknights in primary schools across the Newcastle Region.
Benefits of being a Daughters and Dads Active and Empowered Facilitator?
- Be paid for your time and contribution whilst delivering Daughters and Dads Active and Empowered
- Daughters and Dads Active and Empowered Facilitator training is a registered NESA professional learning course and has been approved at the ‘Highly Accomplished’ level
- Learn the latest evidence-based strategies and be part of an award-winning community health promotion research project
- Gain contacts at local primary schools
If you are a motivated, engaging, reliable and organised educator, the Daughters and Dads Active and Empowered team would love to hear from you.
Essential criteria for facilitators:
- Experience delivering group education sessions to children and adults
- Experience delivering physical activity sessions
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Approved Australian Working With Children’s Check.
- Degree in Health and Physical Education, Primary Education or Exercise & Sport Science OR a final year student in these disciplines
"I just wanted to say how grateful and thankful I am to have had the chance to work on Daughters and Dads last term. I either think of it, reference it, laugh about it or apply it, every single day! Daughters and Dads has been a major inspiration and provided me with a whole new passion and pursuit of purpose for me to consider both personally and professionally. The Daughters and Dads experience has added value to my life beyond what you could know and for that I thank you." Justin Smith, 2016 Daughters and Dads Active and Empowered Facilitator
“I wanted to extend my sincerest gratitude for allowing me to be involved in the Daughters and Dads program for 2017. I have never had a program that has made me so passionate about my career path and I can’t wait to start integrating everything I have learnt throughout the duration of the program with my teaching philosophy.” Jayne Sharkey, Daughters and Dads Active and Empowered facilitator 2017.
To register your interest in becoming a Daughters and Dads Active and Empowered facilitator please contact Emma Pollock 4921 6884 or click here.