DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A DAUGHTERS AND DADS FACILITATOR?
WOULD YOU LIKE TO PLAY A KEY ROLE IN IMPROVING PHYSICAL ACTIVITY LEVELS AND SOCIAL-EMOTIONAL WELLBEING OF GIRLS AND THEIR FATHERS?
We are seeking expressions of interest from enthusiastic and passionate educators who would like to become facilitators for the Daughters and Dads Active and Empowered project in the Newcastle region.
The Daughters and Dads Active and Empowered program:
- Builds girls' confidence, self-esteem and resilience
- Teaches girls sport skills through fun games and physical activities
- Targets fathers as the agents of change to improve their daughters' health
Daughters and Dads Active and Empowered Program Facilitators undertake a 3-day training course delivered by Professor Philip Morgan at the University of Newcastle.
The next Daughters and Dads Active and Empowered Program Facilitator training will be delivered in the 2021 October school holidays over 3 days from 9am-3pm at the University of Newcastle. Precise dates TBC.
Facilitators will receive access to the Daughters and Dads Active and Empowered online portal complete with all session slides and talking points, and detailed instructions for physical activity sessions.
Selected facilitators will then deliver the 9-session Daughters and Dads Active and Empowered program during school terms from 5.45-7.15pm on weeknights in primary schools across the Newcastle Region.
Benefits of being a Daughters and Dads Active and Empowered Facilitator?
- Be paid for your time and contribution whilst delivering Daughters and Dads Active and Empowered
- Learn the latest evidence-based strategies and be part of an award-winning community health promotion research project
- Gain contacts at local primary schools
If you are a motivated, engaging, reliable and organised educator, the Daughters and Dads Active and Empowered team would love to hear from you.
Essential criteria for facilitators:
- Experience delivering group education sessions to children and adults
- Experience delivering physical activity sessions
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Approved Australian Working With Children’s Check.
- Degree in Health and Physical Education, Primary Education or Exercise & Sport Science OR a final year student in these disciplines
Here are some testimonials from previous facilitators:
"I would like to thank you so much for the incredible opportunity you have given me. Facilitating the Daughters and Dads program has taught me so many valuable, life changing lessons and I believe it has helped me lay down the foundations for the teacher I am now becoming." Daughters and Dads Facilitator, 2018
"The Daughters and Dads program just forces you, absolutely positively forces you to take off your (gender) glasses and put on another pair. You know, it gives you such a different lens to look through as a teacher and it just made me reflect so often, so much about what I do.” Daughters and Dads Facilitator, 2019
Facilitating the Daughters and Dads program has been "a major inspiration and has provided me with a whole new passion and pursuit of purpose to consider both personally and professionally. (The experience has) added value to my life beyond what you could know and for that I thank you." Daughters and Dads Facilitator, 2017
"I just wanted to say how grateful and thankful I am to have had the chance to work on Daughters and Dads last term. I either think of it, reference it, laugh about it or apply it, every single day! Daughters and Dads has been a major inspiration and provided me with a whole new passion and pursuit of purpose for me to consider both personally and professionally. The Daughters and Dads experience has added value to my life beyond what you could know and for that I thank you." Daughters and Dads Facilitator, 2016
To register your interest in becoming a Daughters and Dads Active and Empowered facilitator please contact the team on 4913 8246 or click here.